Reimagining Colorado’s Child Welfare System
Reimagining Child Welfare advocates for keeping families together and scrutinizes every aspect of the child welfare system. The initiative unites people with lived experience, child welfare experts, lawmakers, organizations, and community members to work together to transform the child welfare system into a valuable resource that families would willingly utilize.
We identify needs for systemic change in the child welfare system and co-create innovative solutions.
How do we do it?
By gathering stories and input from people with lived experience, through the support of leadership within child welfare, and partnership with other stakeholders we are able to move co-created solutions forward to reality.
- Held a statewide in-person convening
- Established priority areas
- Dedicated resources to compensate lived experts and ensure diverse representation
- Foster America (partner organization) hired a director to help lead this work
- Meeting with counties to initiate conversations on a prototype
- Established a subcommittee to ensure inclusion of stakeholders across the state