Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up
Strengthening Colorado Communities One Family at a Time. To provide at-risk children and their families with the environment and opportunities to become educated, healthy, productive and participating members of society.
Opportunities to get involved:
Become a foster parent. Foster or Foster-to-Adopt a child or teen.
- There are no restrictions on who can foster or adopt based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or expression, gender identity or marital status.
- You must be at least 21 years old, physically, emotionally and fiscally able to care for children
- Have a verifiable form of income
- Able to pass criminal background and child abuse registry checks
- Must be able to complete pre-service and on-going training (most is provided FREE by the agency): --Foster Parent Core Training --Adult and Pediatric CPR/First Aid --Various other trainings
Each and every family member has the secret to opening up a child’s life and making a difference:--Foster parents – can provide a home, love, understanding, guidance, and a nurturing sense of worth to a child who has experienced trauma, abuse and/or neglect. --Brothers and sisters – can provide a sense of belonging, friendship and cooperation and give a child needed support and love. --Pets – can provide unconditional love, companionship and a shoulder to lean on when a foster child has lost everything they knew before coming into foster care. --Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and other extended family members – can further build a child’s self-esteem, giving experiences and family stories that can generate hope.
Our Volunteers are one of our most valuable assets at Griffith Centers for Children, Chins Up. Each year, more than 300 caring individuals donate their time preparing holiday meals, collecting presents, knitting hats and gloves, painting, landscaping, providing leadership to our Peak Challenge teams, and helping out at our annual golf tournament and Griffith’s Kitchen events. Learn more.
17 N Farragut Ave
Colorado Springs CO 80909
719-220-4066 (all foster care inquiries)
719-327-2006 (residential programs)
719-327-2012 (education program)
10190 Bannock St, Ste 120
Northglenn, CO 80260
303-237-6865 (therapy and truancy programs)