Volunteer for the Denver March Pow Wow, March 23-25, 2018
The Colorado Department of Human Services is sponsoring an informational booth at the Denver March Pow Wow, March 23-25, 2018 at the Denver Coliseum. Staff from county departments of human/social services, child placement agencies and other nonprofit partners are invited to volunteer for the booth and share their information about becoming a foster parent.
The annual Pow Wow attracts thousands of participants and an estimated 95 American Indian Tribes will be represented.
Helpful reminders about the event.
- CDHS will be able to pay the entry fee for volunteers. Volunteers must sign up by March 14, 2018 to qualify. Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse volunteers for parking.
- CDHS will provide foster care signage at the event and a flyer with information about every volunteer organization.
- Following the event, CDHS will provide contact information of event attendees who are interested in learning more.
- Information provided at the booth will be about foster care and foster parenting only.
- If you plan to bring treats for the event, please bring only sugar-free treats.
- Volunteers can drop off their information and giveaways from March 16-21 at CDHS, 1575 Sherman Street, Denver, CO 80203. Please coordinate with Mary Gerlach.
Questions? Contact Mary Gerlach, recruitment and retention communication specialist, email@example.com or 303-866-4396.