Registration for Social Media Training Now Available
February 28, 2020
On April 21, 2020, the Office of Children, Youth & Families will host a social media recruitment training for adoption, kin, and foster care recruiters in collaboration with GroundFloor Media and the Colorado Child Welfare Training System (CWTS). One to two participants per county/child placement agency may attend. The first 40 counties and CPAs to register will receive a $1000 to use for social media recruitment. All participants will also receive four credit hours of continuing education through CWTS. In-person attendance is strongly encouraged, but remote attendance will also be available.
This training will discuss how to use social media to recruit foster, kinship and adoptive families. Social media experts from GroundFloor Media will discuss the value of social media, highlight usage statistics among audiences and share local success stories. Participants will define their goals, discuss marketing elements to incorporate into campaigns, identify content created by others to leverage and develop skills to keep audiences engaged. Participants will learn best practices for creating Facebook boosted ad campaigns, including campaign optimization and leveraging audience targeting on Facebook.
Up to two participants per county or child placement agency may attend but each county/CPA can only receive $1,000 in social media funding for recruitment. Recruiters who do not have access to a social media account to use for recruitment purposes must attend with a colleague who is able to access and manage their county or CPA’s social media accounts. Both participants must register to attend the training. All participants must register through the CWTS training portal and complete the accompanying survey in order to attend and to be eligible for the $1,000 incentive. All participants need to bring a laptop or tablet to the training. Participants will need to have access to a social media account that can be used for recruitment efforts.
Facebook boosts and all paid social media campaigns on Facebook business pages are purchased through ads manager or business manager accounts, which are accessed through personal accounts on Facebook. A Facebook ads manager or business manager account should be set up to purchase boosts for social media recruitment. Instructions for setting up an ads manager or business manager are included here. However, if participants have not set up an ads manager account, training facilitators can help participants set up the account.
You must have an account with the Child Welfare Training System to register. Registration through CWTS is available here.
- Location: Metro Regional Learning Center, 5670 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Ted Room B, Greenwood Village CO, 80111
- Time: 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Lunch Break 12 pm - 12:30 pm, lunch will not be provided.
- Required materials: Please bring a laptop/tablet with you to the training. At least one person per county/CPA must have access to a social media business page that can be used for social media recruitment.
- 40 participants at the Metro Regional Learning Center, 15 participants via Zoom.
- All attendees will receive confirmation and reminders via email.
- No more than two participants per county/CPA
- Participants will need a personal Facebook account in which they can create an ads manager account if they don’t already have one or be on a Facebook business manager account.
Contact Adrienne Cooper, Recruitment & Retention Communication Specialist, with questions.