Meetings to initiate advisory committee for program expanding services to youth age 18 or older
July 6, 2021
HB 21-1094 Foster Youth in Transition Program was signed into law on June 25, 2021, and is effective immediately. Part of the bill creates the Foster Youth Successful Transition to Adulthood grant program which requires the implementation of an advisory committee. The Division of Child Welfare is currently accepting applications for interested stakeholders and will publish it when it is finalized. Initially, there will be multiple meetings to get the program started but the meetings decrease in frequency after the advisory committee has been formed.
Among the members that the Advisory Committee is looking for are members who meet the following qualifications:
- two directors of county department of human/social services, or their designees;
- two directors of Runaway Homeless Youth providers, or their designees;
- two youth who have previously participated in the Chafee program.
If you are interested in participating in the advisory committee, please save the dates for the upcoming meetings:
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (3-5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021 (3-5 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 (3-5 p.m.)(3pm to 5pm)
For further information please email Derek Blake at email@example.com or Maitri Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates must submit an online application no later than July 16.