Innovation funding deadline change
April 3, 2020
Due to growing public health concerns and guidance from the governor's office, many of the recruitment and retention events that counties and CPAs had planned to use innovation funding for are being canceled. We realize that organizations’ diligent recruitment plans are being impacted by the current situation and due to these extraordinary circumstances, we are extending the deadline to spend funds and permitting counties and CPAs to use remaining innovation funding to support stabilizing current placements. We are also offering recommendations on alternatives for spending remaining funding on recruitment activities.
In order to help ensure the funds can be spent, we are pushing back the deadline to spend the funds to June 30, 2020. All invoices must be submitted to Adrienne Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday, July 7.
If organizations choose to reschedule events they must be rescheduled prior to June 30 and submit all invoices by July 7 as finance rules do not allow us to prepay for these types of services. Catering and event space rental cannot be paid for in advance due to finance rules.
However, rather than just rescheduling events, we would like to offer some solutions to spend the funds on recruitment prior to the June 30 deadline. The following recruitment activities can be pre-paid or purchased this fiscal year for use later in the year.
- Advertising (out-of-home and print advertising as well as digital advertising), can be pre-paid.
- Marketing and communication tools, such as website improvements, brochures and videos.
- Informational materials and giveaways items. These items must include the Colorado Department of Human Services logo. The appearance of the CDHS logo must be approved before items are printed. Contact Adrienne Cooper (email@example.com or 303-866-3309) for approval of logo use and questions about branding.
- The Local Innovation Fund can be used for booth/table registration costs for festivals that take place after May 1, 2020 and before October 1, 2020.
Ideas for the use of funding to support placement stabilization include, but are not limited to:
- Gift cards for grocery delivery services.
- Distribute difficult to find supplies to families: i.e. infant supplies, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, disinfectant, toilet paper and other essential
- Distribute laptops, tablets, routers and other technology to families to be used for online education
- Child care assistance
- Resources for students with IEPs
- Online educational resources
- Online therapeutic resources
- Completion of effort/activity: June 30, 2020, unless an approved festival occurs between May 1, 2020 and before October 1, 2020.
- Expenditures entered into CFMS (counties only): July 6, 2020
- Submit invoice for expenditures to CDHS (CPAs only): July 6, 2020
- NOTE: Multiple invoices can be submitted throughout the duration of the funding period. Please allow 30 days to receive payment.
- Submit Article and Complete Survey: June 15, 2020 Survey Link.