Feedback Opportunity - Revisions to Child Placement Agency and Child Welfare Rules
The Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Child Welfare is proposing revisions to the rules for child welfare and child placement agencies located in Sections 7.701. We invite you to participate in the following opportunities to provide feedback via scheduled teleconferences.
Download a draft of the proposed rules prior to the teleconferences.
These rules are scheduled to be effective by January 1, 2018. The purpose of the proposed rule changes is to clarify, streamline, and add rules to address statute and policy requirements. The following changes are proposed:
- Revise existing rule to clarify civil penalties and injunctions.
- Revise existing rule for appeals and waivers.
- Revise existing rule for Child Abuse and Neglect Inquiries (BIU) and FBI background checks and align with new statute.
- Revise existing rule with new fee schedule.
- Revise existing rule to clarify requirements for Critical Incident Reporting.
Teleconferences are scheduled:
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:00 pm –4:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:30 am – 10:00 am
- Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:00 am – 12:00 pm