Feedback Opportunity – Rules Regulating Therapeutic Foster Care
September 30, 2020
The Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Children Youth and Families, Division of Child welfare is proposing new standards for therapeutic foster care. Members of the public are invited to provide feedback via scheduled teleconferences.
Download a draft of the proposed standards prior to the teleconferences. These rules are scheduled to be effective by March 2021.
The purpose of the proposed set of standards is to support programming for Therapeutic Foster Care in order to expand the continuum of care for children and youth in Colorado and address the impact of the Family First Prevention Services Act, signed into law as part of the Bipartisan Budget Act on February 9, 2018, on services for children and youth involved with the child welfare system.
The following standards are proposed:
- Definitions for Therapeutic Foster Care, Therapeutic Foster Care Program, Therapeutic Foster Care Agency, and Therapeutic Foster Care Home.
- Therapeutic Foster Care Agency responsibilities and personnel requirements.
- Requirements for Therapeutic Foster Care Homes.
- Requirements for placement of children and youth in Therapeutic Foster Care Homes.
Teleconferences are scheduled:
- Monday, October 19, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 21, 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
Conference Line: 1-720-279-0026
Participant Passcode: 636741#
Questions or comments? Email Amy Hixson, Division of Child Welfare Licensing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.