Feedback Opportunity – General Rules for Child Care Facilities
October 20, 2020
The Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Children Youth and Families, Division of Child Welfare is updating standards for background checks and adding definitions. We invite you to participate in the following opportunities to provide feedback via scheduled teleconferences.
These rules are scheduled to be effective by April 2021.
The purpose of the proposed set of standards is to update the General Rules to support the current practices for CBI fingerprinting and provider access to Trails for critical incident reporting, foster care certification data entry, and for limited access for review of abuse or neglect referrals. Also included are additions of definitions; additions of rules addressing Culturally Responsive and Trauma Informed care requirements for 24-hour, out of home care programs; and additions for written documentation of children’s and youth’s care while in placement.
The following standards are proposed:
- Definitions for annually (for training and employment purposes), calendar-year (for training and employment purposes), Culturally Responsive, and Trauma Informed care.
- Training requirements for persons responsible for creating and implementing Culturally Responsive and Trauma Informed care programs.
- Rules for documenting and maintaining records for children and youth in care.
- Rules to address the electronic fingerprint process through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
- Rules to address the requirements and process to access the Trails system to review records, enter critical incident reports, and enter foster care certifications.
Video conferences are scheduled:
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Join by phone: 617-675-4444 PIN: 850 298 198 7252#
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Join by phone: 617-675-4444 PIN: 840 941 515 5820#
Questions or comments regarding these proposed rules, email:
Cheryl Estrick, Division of Child Welfare, email@example.com