Another feedback opportunity for stakeholders - revisions to residential child care facility rules
November 17, 2017
The Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Child Welfare is proposing revisions to the Quality Standards for Twenty-Four (24)- Hour Child Care, located in Section 7.714. Feedback opportunities for this section of the rules will be divided into two parts in order to allow for adequate time to review proposed changes. We invite you to participate in the following opportunities to provide feedback for the first half of this section (7.714 through 7.714.4G) via scheduled teleconferences.
Download a draft of the proposed rules prior to the teleconferences.
These rules are scheduled to be effective by July 1, 2018.
The purpose of the proposed rule changes is to clarify, streamline, and add rules to address statute and policy requirements. The following changes are proposed:
- Add language for services to human trafficking survivors.
- Add language to address ICPC requirements.
- Add language addressing contents of the contract between the placing agency and facility.
- Add language for written authorizations that must be obtained at admission.
- Add language to and revise rules for what must be included in the individual child’s plan.
- Add language and revise rules for what must be included in the initial child assessment.
- Add language for assessment and treatment planning for youth whose anticipated length of stay is less than 14 days.
Teleconferences are scheduled:
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 from 9:30am- 11:30am
Thursday, November 30, 2017 from 2pm-4pm
Conference Line: 1-877-820-7831
Participant Passcode: 636741#
Questions or comments regarding these proposed rules, contact:
Amy Hixson (303) 866-3830, or email@example.com