Recruit foster parents at the Denver March Powwow, March 18-20, 2022
February 2, 2022
The Colorado Department of Human Services is sponsoring an informational booth at the Denver March Powwow. March 18-20, 2022 at the Denver Coliseum. Staff from county departments of human/social services, child placement agencies and other nonprofit partners are invited to volunteer for the booth and share their information about becoming a foster parent.
The annual Powwow attracts thousands of participants and an estimated 95 American Indian Tribes will be represented.
CDHS will pay for entry and parking for each volunteer. To take advantage of this opportunity, volunteers must sign up by Thursday, March 10, 2022, and make arrangements to get funds in advance of Thursday, March 17, 2022. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
Helpful reminders about the event.
- CDHS will provide foster care signage at the event and a tri-fold informative brochure. Organizations can add a sticker with their contact information to the brochure or bring their own promotional items to distribute.
- During the event, we will have QR codes to direct interested parties to provide their information.
- Representatives from all foster care organizations that attend will receive all the inquiry forms the whole weekend.
- The informational booth is only about foster parenting. We will not distribute information about adoption.
- If you plan to bring candy for the event, please bring only sugar-free candy.