Foster youth and alumni are eligible for more supports during the pandemic
April 15, 2021
The recent federal pandemic stimulus bill set aside significant emergency relief for older foster youth and youth who have recently emancipated from foster care and are struggling because of the pandemic. We need your help spreading the word to young people who may be eligible for assistance that includes:
- Cash resources available for young people over age 14 and up to age 27, who are or were in foster care;
- Protections to ensure youth are not required to leave foster care due to age until September 30, 2021; and
- Re-admission into child welfare services, including housing supports and case management if they aged out of foster care between April 1, 2020-September 30, 2021.
Do you know or with youth who are eligible? Help us in 4 easy steps.
- Share a flyer (or this blog post) with a young person who you know. Download the flyer.
- Print and post a flyer in locations where you see youth. Download the flyer.
- Share information on social media. Download a social media graphic.
- Encourage individual youth to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. An employee of the Colorado Department of Human Services will respond.