Changes coming to Trails human trafficking screening
The modernization of trails continues and on November 19, 2017 the next release go live! This release includes updates to windows related to human trafficking. Child welfare caseworkers and supervisors may be interested in taking some trainings, listed below, to become more familiar with the changes that are coming including updates to the human trafficking user interface and changes to how the human trafficking window in Trails is accessed.
Prepare for this release
1. Web-Based-Training: “Screening for Sex Trafficking” - www.coloradocwts.com. Estimated time of completion: 1 hour. This course includes:
a. Learning about the practice and policies of screening for sex trafficking within child welfare; and,
b. Learning how to access trafficking information in Trails.
2. Informational Webinars: These brief webinars will be hosted by Child Welfare Training System (CWTS) staff and Sara Nadelman, Human Trafficking Specialist at the Division of Child Welfare. The purpose of the webinars is to learn how to access trafficking information in Trails and for participants to ask questions regarding the intersection of trafficking and child welfare.
a. November 28, 2017 @ 1pm https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/384552982
b. November 29, 2017 @ 1pm https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/384552982
c. December 1, 2017 @ 1pm https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/384552982
Learn more about child welfare and sex trafficking
- Classroom Training: “Child Welfare Response to Child & Youth Sex Trafficking: Module 1” – www.coloradocwts.com. Module 1 is the first in a series of training modules designed for child welfare professionals to build their capacity to identify and serve children and youth who have been sexually trafficked. This course is designed to provide a foundational understanding of sex trafficking.
- Web-Based Training: “Recognizing and Identifying Human Trafficking” – www.coloradocwts.com. Estimated time of completion: 2 hours. This course includes increasing awareness of sex trafficking and learning to recognize cues or indicators that a child or youth is experiencing human trafficking
Get help with technical issues related to the release:
- Call the Help Desk at 303-239-4357 or 1-877-487-4871;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or,
- Enter a ticket via Self Service at https://ondemand.ca.com.
How to log in to trails modernization
The next release to modernization Trails is scheduled in January 2018! Additional information about the release and corresponding training will be communicated over the next three months.
If you have any questions contact Lorendia Schmidt, Training Manager, Division of Child Welfare, 303-813-5813, email@example.com