Training Opportunity: Connecting Families for Success
Lifelong connections are essential in supporting youth in their quest for well-being and creating permanence. This interactive one-day course next Thursday, May 11, 2017 from 8am to 4pm at Morgan County DHS will help you to identify ways to create those connections for children and youth in care. You’ll learn to use your sleuthing skills to think of and locate creative connections, and you’ll have opportunities to practice your engagement skills as you talk to “children/youth,” “families,” and “support systems” about the importance of these connections.
Upon completion of the course, you will
- have increased awareness and motivation to find family connections in your practice with children, youth, and families;
- understand the relevance of family search and engagement;
- be able to apply strategies for talking with children, youth, and families about maintaining connections and finding families;
- be able to assess relevant permanency options with children and youth; and
- be able to utilize websites, search engines, and databases to locate connections.
Come explore ways to improve connections for children and youth and share your successes with others trying to make a difference.
Formerly titled Intensive Family Finding
Target audience: caseworkers and supervisors
Please visit www.coloradocwts.com >Find A Class>Inservice Classes > Connecting Families for Success >and register today!