Six Ways You Help Kick-Off Child Abuse Prevention Month in Colorado
March 21, 2017
Beginning April 4, Coloradans will join together to send a message - we all play a role in preventing child abuse and neglect. This statewide kick-off event at the Colorado State Capitol is the first of many events, gatherings and activities planned throughout the month of April in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month in Colorado. The number of people at this kick-off event matters.
April Child Abuse Prevention Month Colorado Kick-Off
April, Tue 4 11:00 AM
Colorado State Capitol - West Steps
Here are six ways you can help kick-off Child Abuse Prevention Month:
- Bring your little ones to help plant a pinwheel garden at the Capitol. The pinwheel, which has become one of the national symbols for child abuse prevention, symbolizes the healthy start we want for all children. RSVP today and let us know you are committed to the cause!
- Wish you could bring your kids, but they are in school? Bring your coworkers instead.
- If you are the boss at work, organize your workplace and make a teambuilding event out of attending the kick-off. Nothing brings people together like planting pinwheels to support children and families.
- Share information about the kick-off event and the cause in your organizational newsletter or throughout your social networks and let your networks know you are proud to be a campaign partner. There is a sample newsletter, letter to the editor and other great information in the awareness toolkit.
- Even if you can't be present at the event, remember to wear blue on April 4th and April 7th (the official national wear blue day) as a sign of our collective commitment to prioritizing children and families. Post your pictures and tag #co4kids
- Watch the Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Public Awareness Campaign Facebook page for more ways you can help bring awareness to the cause in April.
Help send a message to all Coloradans - we all play a role in preventing child abuse and neglect.