Sign Up A Waiting Child For The Colorado Heart Gallery
The Colorado Heart Gallery is a collaborative effort among the Colorado Department of Human Services, The Adoption Exchange and volunteer photographers to help children and youth in Colorado find families. The photos and videos developed through the Colorado Heart Gallery are at the foundation of the state’s foster care and adoptive family recruitment efforts.
Why is the Colorado Heart Gallery Important?
- In 2016, there were 4,605 child specific inquiries, approximately 13 inquiries each day, received due in large part to the Colorado Heart Gallery.
- In the past year, child-specific videos were viewed more than 126,000 times.
- Data from The Adoption Exchange has shown that children and youth featured on the Colorado Heart Gallery are statistically more likely to find permanency than those not on the Colorado Heart Gallery.
- Children’s profiles on the Colorado Heart Gallery website are seen by people across the United States and even worldwide.
Professional photographs are watermarked to protect children and youth’s privacy online. In addition to being used on the Colorado Heart Gallery website, the photos are shared with counties for child-specific recruitment, utilized on The Adoption Exchange children’s gallery and Adopt US Kids recruitment website.
How Can I Sign Up A Young Person?
CDHS contracts with The Adoption Exchange to work with counties to arrange a Colorado Heart Gallery photo shoot. Counties should contact Mallory Cherry (email@example.com) at The Adoption Exchange to make arrangements to attend a photo shoot.
CDHS has a number of recruitment resources available to counties, including:
- Sets of Colorado Heart Gallery banners are available for county recruitment purposes for use at local business, libraries, churches and special events. Contact Mallory Cherry, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details regarding availability.
- For more information or questions about the Colorado Heart Gallery, please contact Mary Gerlach, email@example.com.
- For additional information or training about the recruitment of foster and adoptive families, please contact Beverly Gmerek, MPS, firstname.lastname@example.org.