Seeking reviewers for TGYS grant program
November 6, 2019
The Tony Grampsas Youth Services Program (TGYS) is seeking individuals to review grant applications for its state fiscal year 2012-2023 grant cycle.
TGYS provides funding for community-based programs that engage young people and their families with prevention, intervention and education services. TGYS’s main goals are to prevent and/or reduce child abuse and neglect, youth crime and violence, and marijuana use. Applicants throughout Colorado request funding to provide programming in their communities. In the previous grant cycle, TGYS funded 100 grantees and served more than 100,000 children, youth and families.
What are my responsibilities as a reviewer?
- Participate in reviewer training.
- Read through approximately 4-5 applications.
- Attend a reviewer meeting to discuss scoring with other reviewers who read the same applications (meetings to be scheduled in Denver the week of January 27-31, 2020).
- Work with other reviewers to provide a final score and feedback for applicants.
- Have a lot of fun!
What is the expected time commitment?
(All times are approximate)
- Reviewer Training – 45 minutes (completed on your own time)
- Application Review – 2-4 hours (completed on your own time)
- Reviewer Meeting* – 4 hours (Week of January 27-31, 2020)
- Feel Good Feeling – At least for the next 3 years when we ask you to review again!
Meals and snacks will be provided
Interested? Complete this form.
Questions? Email Kristi Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org