Nominate a family for National Adoption Month
June 12, 2017
In preparation for National Adoption Month in November 2017, CDHS is asking individuals, counties and CPAs to recognize adoptive families. Each year, CDHS honors adoptive families from throughout Colorado at a special luncheon at the Governor’s Mansion. CDHS also develops marketing materials, social media memes and videos to share each family’s story and inspire others to get involved. These resources are also shared with counties and CPAs.
Research shows that the most effective way to recruit new foster and adoptive families is to share the stories and experiences of other families similar to them. Foster and adoptive families are important partners in our recruitment efforts. In addition to being recognized at the Governor's Mansion, families may be:
- Asked to speak at a training or event
- Asked to speak with members of the media
- Featured on social media and in public service announcements
- Featured on CO4Kids.org to inspire potential foster and adoptive families
- Featured on the Colorado Heart Gallery
Nominations are now closed. However, we are always looking to highlight Colorado’s exceptional foster and adoptive parents. Please email email@example.com if you'd like to recognize a family.