Colorado Heart Gallery: 2017 Year In Review
The Colorado Heart Gallery is both a traveling photography display and website dedicated to finding families for children and teens in foster care who are waiting. Coheartgallery.org includes portraits and videos of children and teens to help parents get to know these amazing kids, and the photography display has been utilized across the state.
It is a collaborative effort among the Colorado Department of Human Services, The Adoption Exchange, counties and volunteer professional photographers.
One of the most widely use adoption recruitment strategies in Colorado, the Colorado Heart Gallery reached these milestones in 2017:
- 26 adoptions finalized
- 47 children and teens placed or matched with a pre-adoptive family
- 163 children and teens photographed for the Colorado Heart Gallery website and child-specific recruitment
- 13 photoshoots at 12 different venues throughout Colorado
- 20 professional photographers and videographers volunteered their time and talent
- 22 Colorado Heart Gallery displays across the state
- 81,765 visitors to COHeartGallery.org and almost 1 million page views
The Colorado Department of Human Services and county human services agencies need help finding families for 267 children and teens in the foster care system waiting to be adopted. Most of the kids waiting are older teens or siblings groups that we really don’t want to see split up. Visit coheartgallery.org to meet some of the children and teens who are waiting for families and to learn more about adoption in Colorado.