Campaign Social Media Calendar
This online social media calendar provides sample Facebook posts and tweets with a focus on messages that support children, parents and families and promote resources and organizations throughout Colorado. Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Awareness Campaign partners, child-serving organizations, county human services and public health departments can use this coordinated calendar to continue to raise awareness throughout the year and work together to build thriving communities that support healthy kids and strong families.
National Foster Care Month Social Media Schedule
Family videos and memes will be available in the foster care awareness toolkit on May 13, 2019. If you are interested in using any of the videos on Facebook, in a meeting or on your website, please email email@example.com.
Hashtags #NFCM2019, #NationalFosterCareMonth, #CO4Kids
- Thinking about becoming a foster parent? We suggest you start with an info meeting. (Link: https://co4kids.org/community/events)
- Stop by our booth at Denver Cinco de Mayo to learn more about becoming a foster parent. We’re on Colfax near the Webb. (photo of booth)
- Share 15-second commercial
- Post How to Become a Foster Parent video (Partners, email firstname.lastname@example.org to use this video on your website or cross-post on Facebook)
- We need foster parents in every community, especially parents who are willing to care for children with complex behavioral and mental health needs, sibling groups and children whose first language is not English. Get started on CO4Kids.org.
- Post Day in the Life of a Foster Family video (coming soon!)
- Create Facebook events for Denver Pride and Denver Juneteenth and invite partners to join as co-hosts
- Post children are resilient meme
- #TBT last year at CDHS’s annual celebration for National Foster Care Month. Thanks to these five families who are still helping raise awareness about the need for foster families in Colorado. (share photo album from event)
- Today in Colorado, there are approximately 4,621 children and teens in out-of-home placement, and only 1,966 foster families. You can help. Learn how on CO4Kids.org.
- Share press release about CDHS National Foster Care Month luncheon.
- CO4Kids Instagram uses Stories to share photos from the event.
- Share quote from Governor Polis about CDHS National Foster Care Month press release
- Share video of Denver family (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share video of Colorado Springs family (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share video of Fort Collins family (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share video of Grand Junction family (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share video of second Fort Collins family (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Children are resilient. Even when they’ve experienced abuse or neglect they can overcome and reach their full potential with help and support from a dedicated foster parent. You can help. Learn how on CO4Kids.org.
- Foster care is a support to families, not a substitute for parent. [status update with background design]
- Re-share “Is foster parenting hard?” image
- Share Grand Junction family meme (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share and post foster parent support blog
- Social workers try to keep families together. Last year counties served 20,814 children and their families, and in 68 percent of those situations kids continued living with their parents. Post graphic on the percent of children and families who stay together while social services agencies bring in needed supports.
- Share Denver family meme (families announced publically on May 11th)
- What or who inspired you to become a foster parent? Share your story in the comments.
- Post graphic in the number of youth in out-of-home-placement throughout 2018
- Colorado foster parents are … married, single, LGBTQ+, all races and ethnicities, homeowners, renters, all faiths, atheist, old and young. [status update with background]
- More than 600 Colorado kids are living in a congregate care facility like a group home or residential treatment center. Many of these young people are ready to live with a foster family. Are you ready to help? Learn how on CO4Kids.org.
- Share Colorado Springs family meme (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share Fort Collins family meme (families announced publically on May 11th)
- Share second Fort Collins family meme (families announced publically on May 11th)
January - National Mentoring Month
February - National Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
March - National Social Work Month/Runaway Prevention Month
March 19-23, 2018 - National Youth Violence Prevention Week
April - National Child Abuse Prevention Month/ Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
May - National Foster Care Awareness Month/Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month /National Mental Health Awareness Month
May 5 - National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
June - National Reunification Month/ National Child Safety Awareness Month/ Pride
July - National Make a Difference to Children Month
September - National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
September 1 - National Grandparents Day/recognition of kinship families
October - National Domestic Violence Awareness Month/ Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month
November - National Adoption Awareness Month/National Homeless Youth Awareness Month/ Runaway Prevention Month
How to Use Hashtags
Hashtags "#tag" help organize your posts and let others tap into the same issues on social media. On Twitter, a general rule of thumb is to use one or two hashtags in one post. The Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Awareness Campaign will review posts including #CO4Kids daily and re-tweet and share many posts using this tag. Below find list of other great hashtags to use throughout the month of April and beyond!
- When talking about kids & families - #CO4KIDS – Use this hashtag to support the prevention of child abuse and neglect, promotion of safe and stable families and raising awareness for the statewide hotline, 1-844-CO4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437). We encourage you to use this hashtag a lot!
- When having advocacy conversations - #COKids
- When talking about Colorado April Child Abuse Prevention Month - #CAPinCO
- When talking about National April Child Abuse Prevention Month - #CAPMonth
- When talking about National Foster Care Month in May - #fostercaremonth
- When talking about building brighter childhoods - #greatchildhoods
- When having early childhood conversations - #ECColorado
- When promoting local or state wear blue days - #WearBlueCO