Campaign Social Media Calendar
This online social media calendar provides sample Facebook posts and tweets with a focus on messages that support children, parents and families and promote resources and organizations throughout Colorado. Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Awareness Campaign partners, child-serving organizations, county human services and public health departments can use this coordinated calendar to continue to raise awareness throughout the year and work together to build thriving communities that support healthy kids and strong families.
Remember to check out infographics, memes and other great social media tools in the toolkit.
January - National Mentoring Month
February - National Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
March - National Social Work Month/Runaway Prevention Month
April - National Child Abuse Prevention Month/ Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
April 3-7, 2017 - National Youth Violence Prevention Week
May - National Foster Care Awareness Month/Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month /National Mental Health Awareness Month
May 5 - National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
June - National Reunification Month/ National Child Safety Awareness Month/ Pride
July - National Make a Difference to Children Month
September - National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
September 1 - National Grandparents Day/recognition of kinship families
October - National Domestic Violence Awareness Month/ Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month
November - National Adoption Awareness Month/National Homeless Youth Awareness Month/ Runaway Prevention Month
How to Use Hashtags
Hashtags "#tag" help organize your posts and let others tap into the same issues on social media. On Twitter, a general rule of thumb is to use one or two hashtags in one post. The Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Awareness Campaign will review posts including #CO4Kids daily and re-tweet and share many posts using this tag. Below find list of other great hashtags to use throughout the month of April and beyond!
- When talking about kids & families - #CO4KIDS – Use this hashtag to support the prevention of child abuse and neglect, promotion of safe and stable families and raising awareness for the statewide hotline, 1-844-CO4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437). We encourage you to use this hashtag a lot!
- When having advocacy conversations - #COKids
- When talking about Colorado April Child Abuse Prevention Month - #CAPinCO
- When talking about National April Child Abuse Prevention Month - #CAPMonth
- When talking about National Foster Care Month in May - #fostercaremonth
- When talking about building brighter childhoods - #greatchildhoods
- When having early childhood conversations - #ECColorado
- When promoting local or state wear blue days - #WearBlueCO
Campaign Partner Social Media Calendar
April Child Abuse Prevention Month - April 01 – April 30
All content below will be posted on the #CO4KIDS social media channels. Feel free to visit our pages and share on your Facebook (FB), and tweet or re-tweet on your Twitter (TW) accounts. Campaign partners are encouraged to use this calendar to help amplify message and coordinate a movement for Colorado's kids throughout the month of April.
April social media calendar coming soon!