SFY18 Recruitment & Retention Grant
County departments of human/social services and licensed child placement agencies may apply for a SFY18 Recruitment & Retention Grant. This grant provides short-term funds for diligent recruitment efforts or activities that recruit new foster and adoptive parents or support the retention of active foster families.
Any county department of human/social services agency or licensed child placement agencies in Colorado is eligible to receive grant funds. Online applications and a signed signature form must be received by December 5, 2017. Grants will be reviewed and awarded by December 29, 2017. Funds are limited. Grant awards may range from $500 to $4,000. Awards will be determined based on the guidelines and requirements listed below.
Applicants must complete the grant application and attach required forms available on this blog post by December 5, 2017. Update: CDHS is no longer accepting applications.
Applicants are highly encouraged to align their grant application with their diligent recruitment plans. Ideas for the use of funds include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising on social media channels
- Recruitment and/or retention events
- Activities that target unique audiences identified as a recruitment need in the county of CPA’s diligent recruitment plan
- Child-specific recruitment strategies
- Child care or respite
- Foster parent coaching
- Parents’ night out events
- Family activities
- Education or ongoing training
- Other innovative strategies
Grant Guidelines and Requirements:
- Grants may not be used to print informational material or giveaways that do not include the CO4Kids brand. Applicants may use grant funds to co-brand CO4Kids materials and localize co-branded content, such as vertical banners and bookmarks. For example, the tagline “Adopt Hope –Adopt Love-Adopt Colorado’s Kids” may be localized to be “Adopt Hope-Adopt Love-Adopt ‘COUNTY’S NAME’ Kids.” Materials can be reviewed online in the CO4Kids toolkit. Questions about branding can be directed to Mary Gerlach (email@example.com or 303-866-4396).
- Grant funds may not be used to fund May Foster Care events or November National Adoption Month events.
- All grant funded efforts or activities must be completed by April 30, 2018.
- Grantees must submit the online summary form following each recruitment effort or activity on or before May 15, 2018. Grantees who do not submit required documents (summary form, participant evaluation form, evaluation compilation form) will be ineligible to receive recruitment and retention grant funding the next fiscal year.
- Each person attending or participating in the funded effort or activity must complete an evaluation form. Waivers to this requirement must be approved by CDHS in advance in writing.
Names and email addresses for individuals who participated in an event or activity must be collected and submitted on or before May 15, 2018. All forms can be accessed below.
- Participants may opt-out of providing contact information.
- Matching funds are not required but highly encouraged.
- Organizations are encouraged to collaborate.
- Funded activities may be adjusted based on actual funds awarded.
- Photographs of the funded event or activity are not required but highly encouraged.
- Evaluation forms must be completed; however, the grantee may collect additional information in the interest of gathering feedback from the funded effort or activity.
- Failure to submit documents and invoices or enter expenditures into CFMS by the associated deadlines may impact future grant awards. If the grantee has an issue with meeting a deadline, CDHS must be contacted prior to the deadline to discuss alternative arrangements.
- Application Deadline: December 5, 2017
- Completion of effort/activity: April 30, 2018
- Expenditures entered into CFMS (counties only): May 4, 2018
- Submit invoice for expenditures to CDHS (CPAs only): May 4, 2018
- Submit Summary & Evaluation Compilation Forms: May 15, 2018
Forms and Deadlines
Online application due December 5, 2017. CDHS is no longer accepting applications.
Signature page - due December 5, 2017 (this can be uploaded to the application in JotForm)
Evaluation Form - due by May 15, 2018
Evaluation Compilation Form - due by May 15, 2018
Summary Form - due by May 15, 2018.